How do I pick up only the rows with a non-null key column on a separate sheet?

  1. #1

    How do I pick up only the rows with a non-null key column on a separate sheet?

    Hi,

    I want to make a report on a separate sheet based on a non-null column on another sheet. Example:

    sheet 1:

    name telephone
    ABC
    AAA (111)-777-9999
    CCD (888)-999-0098
    DDD
    LLL

    I want the report on sheet 2 look like: (picking only the people with telephone numbers)

    name telephone
    AAA (111)-777-9999
    CCD (888)-999-0098

    How do I make this work?

    Thank you very much for your help!

    qcc

  2. #2
    Scoops
    Guest

    Re: How do I pick up only the rows with a non-null key column on a separate sheet?

    qcc wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want the report on sheet 2 look like: (picking only the people with
    > telephone numbers)
    >
    > name telephone
    > AAA (111)-777-9999
    > CCD (888)-999-0098
    >
    > How do I make this work?

    Hi qcc

    Just a thought...

    Why not use Data > Filter > Auto Filter, click the drop down arrow in
    the Telephone column and click (NonBlanks)?

    Gets the result you want without having to create a new sheet of data.

    Regards

    Steve

  3. #3

    Smile

    Thank you Steve. This makes my life much easier!