How do I close excell worksheet without closing others still open

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    How do I close excell worksheet without closing others still open

    When I have two or more spreadsheets open, I cannot close one without closing
    all of them. There should be the ability to close each one, either saving or
    not saving the data. If you select "cancel" the first one doesn't do
    anything.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    When I have two or more spreadsheets open, I cannot close one without closing
    all of them. There should be the ability to close each one, either saving or
    not saving the data. If you select "cancel" the first one doesn't do
    anything.
    I can only speak for Excel 2002 and 2003, but if you select the X in the top right corner, it tries to close all spreadsheets.

    Just below it, you should see another X. Click on this one to close just the current spreadsheet.

    Scott

  3. #3
    Scoops
    Guest

    Re: How do I close excell worksheet without closing others still open

    John wrote:
    > When I have two or more spreadsheets open, I cannot close one without closing
    > all of them. There should be the ability to close each one, either saving or
    > not saving the data. If you select "cancel" the first one doesn't do
    > anything.

    Hi John

    Using Windows?

    Then there are two Xs in the top right hand corner, the topmost one
    closes the application, the lower one closes the current window (Alt+F4
    and Ctrl+F4 respectively do the same jobs).

    Regards

    Steve