regkey to disable Welcome to Microsoft Office 2007 (Beta)! dialog

  1. #1
    KMcMurry
    Guest

    regkey to disable Welcome to Microsoft Office 2007 (Beta)! dialog

    Hi,

    I'd like to automate starting Excel for some testing and am looking for a
    regkey setting to disable the "Welcome to Microsoft Office 2007 (Beta)!"
    dialog.

    Is there a regkey that disables the dialog?

    Thanks!
    KMcMurry

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Which beta version do you have?

    on mine this is the screen I get on startup, is this what you're talking about?
    there's no other screen I see...I didn't change any settings to disable anything and I couldn't see any settings that could be toggled
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    KMcMurry
    Guest

    Re: regkey to disable Welcome to Microsoft Office 2007 (Beta)! dia

    Office 2007 Beta2 v12.0.4017
    When you start Office for the first time, you get a dialog prompting you to
    set your initials and a dialog with title, "Welcome to Microsoft Office 2007
    (Beta)!".
    Once you dismiss the dialog (i.e. click ok), you do not get it again.
    Thanks -

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    oh sorry. i must have been in a daze and not noticed that the first time.