Excel

  1. #1
    psh221
    Guest

    Excel

    I want to type a name in one cell on a worksheet and have it appear in
    another worksheet. Basically, type one text entry and you get two - one in
    one worksheet and one an another.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Say in Cell A1 in sheet 1 enter = then select sheet 2 tab and click on cell A1 and click enter.

    A1 in Sheet 1 is now linked to A1 in Sheet 2.

    Hope that's what you wanted.

    VBA Noob

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Excel

    Assume Sheet1 and Sheet2

    In Sheet2 select a cell and type an = sign but do not enter yet.

    Switch to Sheet1 and select the cell to link to and hit ENTER key.

    Whenever you change the cell on Sheet1, the linked cell on Sheet2 will update.

    Couple of other ways to do this.

    1. copy a cell in Sheet1, switch to Sheet2 and Paste Special>Paste Link>OK>Esc

    2. in a cell on Sheet2 enter this formula =Sheet1!cellref where cellref is
    the cell to link to.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP