Formula Average

  1. #1
    Melbourne Australia

    Formula Average

    Need a formula to average a range of cells but only if there are numbers so I dont get a zero.
    =AVERAGE(IF(E8:N8,E8:N8)) this is what I'v tried but I just get #VALUE!
    Thanx

  2. #2
    Muhammed Rafeek M
    Guest

    re: Formula Average

    Hi
    tRY THIS ONE
    =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(E8:N8)),0,AVERAGE(E8:N8))

  3. #3
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    the normal average function will ignore non numeric values

    if there are no numbers in the range

    if(iserror(average(e8:n8)),"",average(e8:n8))

    otherwise the previous post but it will give 0 if the range is blank, it depends what youwant

    Regards

    Dav

  4. #4
    Melbourne Australia
    Yeah Rafeeks leaves a 0 as u said Dav so I want a blank cell if no nums
    So Thanx heeps guys worxs spot on