when I search for data in Excel, the found cell cannot be seen

  1. #1
    Howard in GR
    Guest

    when I search for data in Excel, the found cell cannot be seen

    The FOUND cell is barely identifiable from the other cells, so I cannot see
    what cell is being found. Can I change this somehow so that the found cell is
    very identifiable ?

  2. #2
    Dennis
    Guest

    Re: when I search for data in Excel, the found cell cannot be seen

    Check to see if either that cell and/or the respective Row/Column is
    hidden. If so,
    "Paint the area around the cell" (select) then Format|Row|Unhide and/or
    Format|Column|Unhide

    HTH Dennis

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,791

    Lightbulb

    when you search for any cell, after search result is displayed, it is difficult to see the FOUND cell specially when all cells on sheet have data.
    you should look at your right side, row number will be highlighted of cell FOUND then see for highlighted column. At the intersection of highlighted row number and column you will find your searched cell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard in GR

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: when I search for data in Excel, the found cell cannot be seen

    Howard

    You should be able to see which cell has been selected just by looking in the
    Found dialog box.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP