Linking one cell to another

  1. #1

    Linking one cell to another

    Okay, I'm trying to link one cell (business expense - lunch) to another section on the spreadsheet which is where they explain where, when and with whom they had lunch.

    Once they enter the dollar amount for lunch is it possible for them to automatically be taken to the other cell where they will HAVE to put in the additional information?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: Linking one cell to another

    You might be able to use a Worksheet_change event and put the code to get the
    the correct location based on the entry location.

  3. #3
    Tom Hutchins
    Guest

    RE: Linking one cell to another

    The following code jumps to a different cell on the same worksheet when a
    change is made to a particular cell. It needs to be pasted into the code
    module for that worksheet.

    'ExpInput is range name for expense input cell.
    'ExpExplain is range name for expense explanation cell.

    If Target.Address = Range("ExpInput").Address Then
    Range("ExpExplain").Activate
    ActiveCell.Select

    This take the user to the other cell. As for HAVING to enter additional
    information, that's best achieved by communicating and enforcing a consistent
    policy (expenses will not be approved until explanatory detail has been
    provided).

    Hope this helps,

    Hutch

  4. #4