Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column tru

  1. #1
    connie
    Guest

    Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column tru

    ex. IF cell C2 is listed in column F need to state 'True' or 'False'. Here
    is what I typed, however, it is not working correctly. Help!
    =IF(C2=F:F,"true")

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by connie
    ex. IF cell C2 is listed in column F need to state 'True' or 'False'. Here
    is what I typed, however, it is not working correctly. Help!
    =IF(C2=F:F,"true")
    Try: =IF(not(iserror(Match(c2,F:F,0))),"true")

    Scott

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column tru

    hi Connie,

    try
    =if(iserror(vlookup(c2,f:f,1,0)),"false","true")

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    connie
    Guest

    Re: Using IF statement compare cell ID with data in another column

    I had already used the previous answer which worked.... thanks for a quick
    response!