Addition?

  1. #1
    Frodo
    Guest

    Addition?

    Im am currently creating a database of my audio cds..

    Rather than going alphabetically i am using stickers - each page of stickers
    consist of 48 stickers a4 size - (16 x 3 rows)
    and i have started to print some up ie Cd 00001 to Cd 00048 on one sheet etc
    and so on..then in excel the cd will tie up with the sticker etc

    Now Instead of manually changing each number for the next sheet ie Cd 00001
    becomes Cd 000049 and so on, i was wondering is there a easy way of just
    adding a addition 48 to each number so 01 becomes 49, 02 becomes 50 and so
    on..

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo
    Im am currently creating a database of my audio cds..

    Rather than going alphabetically i am using stickers - each page of stickers
    consist of 48 stickers a4 size - (16 x 3 rows)
    and i have started to print some up ie Cd 00001 to Cd 00048 on one sheet etc
    and so on..then in excel the cd will tie up with the sticker etc

    Now Instead of manually changing each number for the next sheet ie Cd 00001
    becomes Cd 000049 and so on, i was wondering is there a easy way of just
    adding a addition 48 to each number so 01 becomes 49, 02 becomes 50 and so
    on..

    Thanks

    you will ave to give way more information

    If you set up you sheet just with numbers you could paste special and add 48 to each number.

    Or create a seperate sheet or area, put just the numbers in as numbers accepting the leading 00 will me missing

    then in the first cell of your labels put ="cd"&TEXT(J40,"00000") where j40 is the cell contain 1 or 49 etc

    Regards

    Dav

    Alternatively it is easier in word, make a list of all the numbers you want and create a labels mail merge just putting cd and the number on the labels, if the number is formated 00000

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Auckland New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    Office Professional 2007
    Slight variation:

    If you make the top-left cell in the block the source for the rest, and input it manually as a number, eg 49, then set up a formula so that every other cell adds 1 to the previous cell, eg B1 = A1+1

    Then format the cells as "Cd "000000 (custom format), and each sheet can then be created by inputting one number.

    Regards
    Mike

  4. #4

    Re: Addition?

    Select A1:R3 (16 columns by 3 rows)
    With A1 the activecell, type this formula:
    ="Cd "&TEXT(48*$A$10+(ROW()-1)*16+COLUMN(),"00000")
    and hit ctrl-enter to fill all the cells in the selection.

    Now put 0 in A10, then put 1 in A10, then 2, ....