Limit Search & Replace's Replace All?

  1. #1

    Limit Search & Replace's Replace All?

    I there a way to limit search and replace's (Ctrl + H) replace all to
    just a selected cell range, without using VBA?

    I like replace all because it is fast, but I'm concerned about it
    changing cells I don't want changed.

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,475
    select the range by highliting it,
    then find and replace,
    this should only replace in the range highlited

  3. #3

    Re: Limit Search & Replace's Replace All?

    And make sure that the selection contains at least 2 cells--else all cells will
    be used.

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Limit Search & Replace's Replace All?

    Unless you *Don't* use "Replace All" for single cells.
    Just click "Replace".

    RD
    -------------------
    -------------------

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Saruman
    Guest

    Re: Limit Search & Replace's Replace All?

    Highlight the cells as previously suggested, once you have run the find all,
    then re highlight the same selection and if you click replace all, only the
    highlighted cells are replaced.

    This is in Excel 2003

    --
    Saruman

    All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003