Match Function

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Match Function

    I was wandering if I could ask for some help with a formula. I have 2 sheets. Sheet 1 has raw data for the month which I have subtotaled using the Data menu. Sheet 2 has the only 4 fields of data that I need. These are Date, Product Name, Volume, and Time. I have 14 products and I wanted to get the total volume for each product per day. I have set up a Match formula in sheet 2 that looks at the volume, looks at each product name, and the date. So far, I have not been able to pull the correct total from the set of data on sheet 1. Any help is greatly appreciated. My sheets are set up the following way: sheet 1 – column C (product name SubTotal), column D (day of the month), column K (volume)
    Sheet 2 – column B (day of the month), column C4:C17 (product name Total), column D2 (volume)
    My match formula is as follows: =OFFSET(Sheet2!$D$2,MATCH(C4,'Sheet 1'!C:C,0),MATCH($B$3,'Sheet 1'!D:D,0))
    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Match Function

    Take a look at SUMPRODUCT which I think will better meet your need.

    A very full explanation is given here:

  3. #3
    Toppers

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Thank you for the guidance HTH.
    The paper looks very complete and suitable.