Keep getting Ref# message with Vlookup

  1. #1
    Sojo
    Guest

    Keep getting Ref# message with Vlookup

    Can some tell me what's wrong with my formula?

    =VLOOKUP(A2,'extracted names'!A2:A418,2,FALSE)

    I am trying to lookup A2 in another worksheet (extracted names) and want
    excel to retun the corresponding value from another column column 2).

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Keep getting Ref# message with Vlookup

    Hi Sojo,

    You are asking to the second column but you just put one column (A2:A418) in
    the range use A2:B418.

    use =VLOOKUP(A2,'extracted names'!A2:B418,2,FALSE)

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Hi,

    Look in help for #REF!.

    Usual if you cut and move data or formula you get #REF!.

    I'm getting the #N/A formula as not using Absolute's e.g $A$2:$A$418.

    The attached link will helps with vlookups

    VBA Noob