How do I keep the 0 at the beginning of my order? (098523)

  1. #1
    gwlen
    Guest

    How do I keep the 0 at the beginning of my order? (098523)

    I am doing a order form and when I enter the oder number if it starts with
    "0" after I have entered it and go to the next order it delets the "0"

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Three ways

    1) Format the cell as text
    2) Enter ' before the number
    3) Enter the text with a space lile a mobile number 07753 666 111

    All three ways converts the number to text

    VBA noob

  3. #3

    Re: How do I keep the 0 at the beginning of my order? (098523)

    Either preformat the cell as Text (Format|cells|Number tab)

    or start your entry with an apostrophe: '098523

    Or even give that cell a custom format of: 000000

    The first two will treat the value as text. The last one keeps the value as a
    number.