Character display problem importing into Excel

  1. #1
    RateTheBuilder
    Guest

    Character display problem importing into Excel

    Hi

    I am trying to import data into excel from an ASP.Net page and everything is
    working except for when text in a column contains é character. When the data
    is imported into Excel it comes up as é instead.

    In the code I am formating the cells as text using the following code:

    Anyone any idea what the problem could be? Or can I provide any more
    information to help with a solution?

    Thanks

    Brendan
    Rate your experiences with your UK and Ireland builders at
    http://www.ratethebuilder.co.uk

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    Wrong Charactors

    It appears that what you want is DEC code 233 to display but are gettig DEC code 227 + 169. Not sure why yet but am giving it some more thought. You can generate the required charactor by putting =char(233) in the required cells. At the moment it appears to have =CHAR(227) & CHAR(169).
    Last edited by grahammal; 07-25-2006 at 06:48 AM.

  3. #3
    RateTheBuilder
    Guest

    Re: Character display problem importing into Excel

    Hi

    Managed to solve the problem by adding the following line to my code:

    Response.ContentEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF7;
    Cheers

    Brendan
    Rate your experiences with your UK and Ireland builders at
    http://www.ratethebuilder.co.uk

    news:%[email protected]...