Greatest difference between a consecutive range of dates

  1. #1
    Hugsie Bear
    Guest

    Greatest difference between a consecutive range of dates

    Hi,

    I have several lists of dates with associated info, I am trying to work out
    if there is a simple function or way of calculating the largest interval
    between them.
    i.e

    sept 04
    jan 05
    feb 05
    may 05
    dec 06

    Obviously the longest period is may 05 to dec 06 and is 19 months

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    Hugo

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    assuming tyou have true dates in A1:A10 and you want to find the maximum gap in whole months

    =MAX(DATEDIF(A1:A9,A2:A10,"m"))

    confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Greatest difference between a consecutive range of dates

    Hi Hygsie,

    use an auxiliar column to calc the difference between data and a conditional
    format to see the largest

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    Hugsie Bear
    Guest

    Re: Greatest difference between a consecutive range of dates

    Thank you very much, a neat and simple solution