Probably and Easy one

  1. #1

    Wink Probably and Easy one

    Hi Guys/Gals,

    Im trying to link 2 cells from 2 diffrent worksheets but it doesnt seem to work. I either get a 0 or #VALUE.

    My Spreadsheet has 5 Worksheets (League Table, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4). Im trying to do 2 different things.

    1. Fields to contain the same Name so when its changed on one will change on the other.
    2. Add up things from different cells from diff worksheets

    The code im using is

    1.
    2.
    Please please please help me

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Canada, Quebec
    Hi Kusky

    As for as for your code 1

    You can not link 2 cell into 1 cell. If you wish to do so you need to concatenate the 2 cell. In your example if d23 is available I would use this function =CONCATENATE(B23," ",C23) and then I would use were needed(any sheet) the following code ='League Table'!D23.

    I will look at the following code and will get back to you

    Denis

  3. #3

    Re: Probably and Easy one

    kusky wrote:
    > Hi Guys/Gals,
    >
    > Im trying to link 2 cells from 2 diffrent worksheets but it doesnt seem
    > to work. I either get a 0 or #VALUE.
    >
    > My Spreadsheet has 5 Worksheets (League Table, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3,
    > Week 4). Im trying to do 2 different things.
    >
    > 1. Fields to contain the same Name so when its changed on one will
    > change on the other.
    > 2. Add up things from different cells from diff worksheets
    >
    > The code im using is
    >
    > 1.
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > ='League Table'!B23:C23
    > --------------------
    >
    > 2.
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > ='Week 1'!I7:I8+'Week 2'!H19:H20+'Week 3'!H19:H20+'Week 4'!H10:H11
    > --------------------

    Hi kusky

    1 If you're not performing calculations, one cell will only reference
    one other cell so ='League Table'!B23 is as far as you'll get, copy it
    down or across to reference other cells relative to it.

    2 You need to be more explicit for Excel to understand what you want,
    try:

    =SUM('week 1'!I7:I8)+SUM('week 2'!H19:H20)+SUM('week
    3'!H19:H20)+SUM('week 4'!H10:H11)

    OR

    If you can layout the cells to be summed in the same range on each
    sheet, try:

    =SUM('week 1:week 4'!I7:I8)

    Regards

    Steve

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Probably and Easy one

    It's because you are doing addition with text, it might be something simple
    as "" for a blank cell is you have formula, however no need to use the plus
    signs, you can use sum and with comma instead of plus signs, that will
    ignore text.

    =SUM('Week 1'!I7:I8,'Week 2'!H19:H20, and so on

    You might want to check and remove any text if you think that you shouldn't
    have any text there, you can use

    =ISTEXT(H19)

    in each sheet. then copy down and if you get TRUE it is text

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com