Hide sheet in workbook

  1. #1

    Hide sheet in workbook

    How would I hide a worksheet in a workbook if I don't want people to see if I sent the workbook to them. I still want this sheet though because it affects the main sheet.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Hide sheet in workbook

    'Format'....'sheet'....'hide'

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Hide sheet in workbook

    You can hide a sheet and password protect the workbook under
    Tools>Protection>Protect Book.

    Just be aware that Excel internal passwords are very easy to crack.

    You could through VB Editor make the sheet xlveryhidden then put password
    protection on the VBA project. This password is a little harder to crack.

    In general........if you don't want someone to see it, don't include it in the
    workbook.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP