Data Validation List

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Data Validation List

    I currently have two data validation list referenced against the days of the month.

    When the main list is changed, data within the worksheet is changed to reflect that day.

    I need the second list to automatically default to 7 days prior when the 1st list is changed. I still need for the user to be able to change the second list; however, when ever the 1st list is changes, the second list will again automatically default to 7 days prior.

    Thanks for any help.

    -ep

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation List

    Same question as before, just 7 days ago, 7 days ago to that date, or
    something else?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Hi Bob.

    7 days prior to the date selected. For example the user will select the date in cell U4. I then need the cell S7 to change to 7 days prior to the date selected in cell U4. The user could still go and select a different date in cell S7, but as soon as they changed the date in U4 again, S7 would default back to U4 - 7.

    Thanks.

    ep

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation List

    Then use a custom allow type with a formula of

    =A2-7

    where A2 is the other DV.

    Bob Phillips

    "edwardpestian" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Using a custom allow type does allow me to change the date in the secondary validation list, but it does not default back to U4-7 when date in U4 is changed. Also, it doesn't provide a drop down menu with the days of the month.

    Thanks again.

    -ep

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation List

    OK, I clearly didn't fully understand.

    The best I think you can do is to create another cell with a formula =A2-7 ,
    where A2 is the first DV, and then use a custom type of list with a formula
    of A2, and then on the Error Alert tab, uncheck the Show error checkbox.

    Bob Phillips

    "edwardpestian" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation List

    OK, I clearly didn't fully understand.

    The best I think you can do is to create another cell with a formula =A2-7 ,
    where A2 is the first DV, and then use a custom type of list with a formula
    of A2, and then on the Error Alert tab, uncheck the Show error checkbox.

    Bob Phillips

    "edwardpestian" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...