edit links

  1. #1
    mike allen
    Guest

    edit links

    upon hitting edit--links, there appears a link to: "E:/testprogram.xls" i
    want to get rid of this link. additional info:

    i have no idea of what this "linked" file is, probably one i used in the
    past, but he "E" drive is curious.
    i have tried all the usuall stuff like edit, links, change source, but to no
    avail. there are no spreadsheet formulas in the entire workbook.
    there are, however, graphs throughout that may have been brought in from
    another file, but all of the source data feeding the graphs are from this
    workbook and the graphs work fine. any thoughts on how to rid my program of
    this link? thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    edit links

    First visit:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=214127
    Best regards,

    Ray

  3. #3
    mike allen
    Guest

    Re: edit links

    i should have said that there is no result when hitting
    edit--find--testprogram
    so, there is no obvious link to anything. if i could find the link, or
    formula that contains E:/testprogram.xls, i could easily get rid of it, but
    it apparently is not there, unless you hit edit--links. it's mysterious to
    me.
    "raypayette" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: edit links

    You have more responses in .excel

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor

    Re: edit links

    Perhaps it is a phantom link:

    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip054.htm

  6. #6
    mike allen
    Guest

    Re: edit links

    PERFECT! it was a phantom link described in #2. it was a named range.
    thanks!