looped functions

  1. #1

    looped functions

    Hi,
    Is it possible to create a looped function where excel looks down a list for a (non-numerical) value and then returns the row associated to it to a different worksheet?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: looped functions

    Check the help for the MATCH function, it may fit on what you need.

    Miguel.

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: looped functions

    Hi

    From your description, I would suggest you have a look at VLOOKUP. It will
    find a value in a column and return a value from along its row.
    Post back with more information if you need any more help.

    Andy.

    "sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...