help today and how long since day X?

  1. #1

    help today and how long since day X?

    I am trying to create a training database with Date entered training/today's date and how long they have been in training.

    The first day is something that is a set day, but I would like it to auto update the next two fields so the people that have to fill the the sheet out only have to plug it in once. The people are lazy and I dont trust them to update this as often as I need and dont have time to double check it before the meeting.

    Is this posible or will I have to beat my apes in to submission?
    Last edited by bumble78; 07-28-2006 at 01:40 PM.

  2. #2
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2007
    I think this is what you want...

    Use =TODAY()
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TL

    https://sites.google.com/site/teelim/
    My page of "not so useful" spreadsheets

  3. #3
    Sweet thanks,

    Some times I just cant seem to find the right formula with the search.

  4. #4
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: help today and how long since day X?

    In cell A you could have your typed in date
    In cell b you could have the function =TODAY()
    In cell c you could have the formula =B1-A1
    (first make sure cell c is formatted to number, no decimals)

    This would subtract the date entered from todays date thus telling you how
    many days between today and the date entered. Is that the kind of thing you
    are looking for?

  5. #5
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: help today and how long since day X?

    There is also the Datedif function, wghich you will not find explained
    anywhere except XL2000... here is a link to a description of it. It is kinda
    handy in a lot of cases...

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
    --
    HTH...