Continuous Refresh

  1. #1
    Huber57
    Guest

    Continuous Refresh

    I would like to continuously refresh a spreadsheet (as if I was holding down
    the F9 key). Can anyone help?

    Doug

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    Continuous Refresh

    Usually clicking Tools, Options, Calculations, Automatic recalculates whe workbook every time a change is made. Do you need something else?
    Best regards,

    Ray

  3. #3
    Huber57
    Guest

    Re: Continuous Refresh

    Ray,

    I would like it to refresh constantly. I am trying to build a "countdown
    clock" so that is shows me the date and time of an event and then the days,
    hours, minutes and seconds until that event happens.

    For example:

    A1: August 15, 2006 9:00 AM
    A2: =(A1-NOW())*24 ---- this would show me hours remaining
    A3: =A2*60 --------- this would show me minutes remaining
    etc, etc.

    When it refreshes constantly, it will show me a countdown.

    Doug

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor

    Re: Continuous Refresh

    C Pearson designed an analog clock that ticks every second at:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by raypayette
    Usually clicking Tools, Options, Calculations, Automatic recalculates whe workbook every time a change is made. Do you need something else?
    Hi raypayette,

    Here is some clock stuff, you may find something to help.

    http://www.andypope.info/fun/clocks.htm

    http://xcelfiles.homestead.com/VBA_Clock.html

    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...ital_clock.htm

    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/clockchart.htm

    http://kenmzoka.com/20001010CountdownClock.xls
    Thx
    Dave
    "The game is afoot Watson"

  6. #6
    Huber57
    Guest

    Re: Continuous Refresh

    Ray and Desert Piranha,

    Thanks for the links. But, those clock tools don't help me with refreshing
    the page. Is there a short piece of VBA code I can write to constantly
    refresh the calcs?

    Doug

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Huber57
    Ray and Desert Piranha,

    Thanks for the links. But, those clock tools don't help me with refreshing
    the page. Is there a short piece of VBA code I can write to constantly
    refresh the calcs?

    Doug
    Hi Huber57,

    Maybe you could use something like this in a loop.

    Application.Calculate
    or
    ActiveSheet.Calculate

  8. #8
    Forum Contributor

    Re: Continuous Refresh

    Perhaps this reference to volatile UDF's is what you need?
    http://blogs.officezealot.com/whitec...1/29/4005.aspx

  9. #9
    Huber57
    Guest

    Re: Continuous Refresh

    Mr. Piranha,

    Can you help me with a continuous loop VBA script? I don't know how any of
    that stuff works.

    Doug

  10. #10
    Forum Contributor

    Re: Continuous Refresh

    If you don't know how a continuous loop works, you should study this and obtain general programming knowledge before asking help from this forum!