synchronizing timestamp feature with time on video software.

  1. #1

    synchronizing timestamp feature with time on video software.

    I am currently attempting to manage an establishment remotely using a video camera that I monitor over the internet. I need to record the entrance and exit times of vehicles persons etc. the current way that i am doing this is way way too time consuming.

    If I could link the timestamp feature in excel to the time recorded in the video itself it would drastically reduce the time tiakes me to monitor the business.

    Let me give you an example of what i want to be able to do:

    suppose it is 6:30 p.m and i am monitoring recorded video. someone enters the establishment on the video at2:15 p.m. I use the timestamp feature in excel and it registers 2: 15 p.m ( the time on the video) INSTEAD of 6:30 p.m ( the time at which I am reviewing the video)

    Furthermore, I want synchronization ( i.e if I review fifteen minutes of the video in 5 minutes, i want the timestamp feature to keep up with the fifteen minutes of " video" time, not the five minutes of " real" time)

    How can I do this???

    IS there anyway in which I can synchronize the time in excel ( specifically the time stamp feature) with the time in the saved video recording INSTEAD of with the computer time??

    Alternatively does anyone know of a way to manipulate the computer clock to synchronize with the time in the video recording??

    The video software is Panasonic's Network Camera Recorder.

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: synchronizing timestamp feature with time on video software.

    what do you call the timestamp feature? is it ctrl: or similar
    the only way i can think is some formulas.....ie you enter the currnet time
    using the "timestamp"
    You enter the video time in another cell
    you have a button that you click when you want.Presumably you view on FF so
    you know factors beween FF and real time.
    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  3. #3

    mmm factors...

    timiestamp is the COntrol+ALT+ semicolon , ehich puts in the current time ( from the computer clock) into the cell in excel in which you are working in.

    How would I determine the factor? sometimes I am reviewing thre video footage at 5-7 times real speed, while at other moments I am ogin slower than real life, so a constant factor probably would not work.

    any thoughts ?

  4. #4
    "i.e you enter the currnet time
    using the "timestamp"
    You enter the video time in another cell
    you have a button that you click when you want.Presumably you view on FF so
    you know factors beween FF and real time.

    Im already entering the viedo time manually. this si the time waster i wan to avoid. I want excel to automatically enter the video time for me when i do the " theimestamp" command, for which i need 3 fingers and 1 second, isntead of manually hunting for the time, for which wi would take 3-4 seconds.

  5. #5
    I can convert the film to mpeg format and play it in either windos media player or windows moviemaker. can i synchronize the time of the video in these software programs
    with excel/lotus or any other alpanumeric program??