Conditional Format based on date ranges

  1. #1
    Corey
    Guest

    Conditional Format based on date ranges

    I am trying to set the following to have conditional formatting:

    >Current date < Current date+14 days = Green shade
    >Current date+15<Currentdate+30=Yellow shade

    <=Current date=Red shade

    I am having trouble with the Between formulas.
    I have tried something like:
    Cell value is BETWEEN: [NOW()] and [NOW()+14] Green shade
    Cell value is BETWEEN: [NOW()+15] and [NOW()+30] Yellow shade
    Cell value is GREATER THAN: [NOW()+31] Red shade

    But i get no CF?

    The values ARE a calculated DATE value, Does this mean i should use the
    FORMULA IS instead of the Cell is?

    I then ONLY get Value is and Not the option of IS BETWEEN....

    Any ideas
    i am sure it is a simple formula sintax error i am doing wrong
    Regards

    Corey

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    The order in which you apply the conditions is important. You can use "formula is" but "cell value is" works fine too. Use something like this

    condition 1
    "cell value is" Greater than =TODAY()+30
    red format

    condition 2
    "cell value is" Greater than =TODAY()+14
    yellow format

    condition 3
    "cell value is" Greater than =TODAY()
    green format

  3. #3
    Corey
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Format based on date ranges

    Thanks for the reply.
    I have entered as you suggested, but i do not get ANY shading at all??

    --
    Regards

    Corey

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    WLMPilot
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Format based on date ranges

    Here are the formulas you need. I made a couple of adjustments. Day 14 & 15
    get overlooked according to your formulas and if that is what you want, then
    adjust the formulas I send you. I am using A1 as the cell with the date you
    want to check:

    1st) =AND(A1<>"", A1>TODAY(), A1<=TODAY()+14)
    2nd) =AND(A1<>"", A1>TODAY()+14, A1<=TODAY()+30)
    3rd) =AND(A1<>"", A1<=TODAY())

  5. #5
    DonCam65
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Format based on date ranges

    The following works for me
    Select the first cell (calculated or not - it makes no difference) for the
    conditional formatting

    Format
    Conditional Formatting
    Condition 1
    <Cell Value> between =now()-1 and =now()+14
    format to required green
    Add condition 2
    <Cell Value> between =now()+15 and =now()+30
    format to required yellow
    Add condition 3
    <Cell Value> greater than =now()+30
    format to required red

    (Note that in the conditions there are no spaces)

    OK
    Click on FORMAT PAINTER
    Highlight all the cells the formatting is to apply to

    Hope this solves your problem

    Don C