Vlookup to return the sum of multiple matches

  1. #1
    Australia

    Vlookup to return the sum of multiple matches

    - I have a summary page with a list of products and need to show production volume of each product, product code in column A and total of production to be in column B.
    - I have a report detailing products manufactured by sites, with site in column A, product code in column B and volume in Column C.

    The difficulty is that the production site information is "stacked", so I have repeating product codes in the same column (each site follows the other down the page and each site manufactures the same products). How do I use a Vlookup (or what should I use) to find every instance of a match in a list and return the summed value of the query (in this example match column A on the summary sheet with column B on the production report and sum every volume value against that product type from column C)?

    I hope this is clear enough

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup to return the sum of multiple matches

    Assuming your "report detailing products" is named: Sheet2
    In your summary sheet,
    Try in B2:
    =SUMIF(Sheet2!B:B,A2,Sheet2!C:C)
    Copy down