Is there a clean way of running a macro?

  1. #1

    Is there a clean way of running a macro?

    I just finally got my macro just the way I wanted, I could not have done it without a lot of help from this forum, thank you very much.

    Right now I have many processes going when the macro runs, sometimes it handles a lot of data so it can take awhile. I was just wondering if there is a cleaner way of running it, maybe having it minimize and a window coming up saying please wait or something so that you do not really have to see all of the steps that are going on in the background.

    If anyone has any tips that would be great.

    Thanks again!

    ~J

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Is there a clean way of running a macro?

    Type this at the beginning of your macro:
    Application.ScreenUpdating = false

    and this at the end

    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

    Msgbox("Macro completed successfully")

  3. #3

    perfect, thanks!

    perfect, just what I was looking for, thanks!

    ~J