Whats the Week of the Month?

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Whats the Week of the Month?

    Is there a function or code for a function that will give me the week of the month?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Whats the Week of the Month?

    What's the criteria, does it start on 1st, first Monday, etc.?

    Bob Phillips

    "ceemo" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Whats the Week of the Month?

    Assuming week 1 starts on the 1st of a month:

    =INT((DAY(A1)/7)+1)

    where A1 is the date

    Is this what you want?

  4. #4
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Whats the Week of the Month?

    "Toppers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "ceemo" wrote:
    >> Is there a function or code for a function that will give me the week of
    >> the month?

    > Assuming week 1 starts on the 1st of a month:
    >
    > =INT((DAY(A1)/7)+1)
    >
    > where A1 is the date
    >
    > Is this what you want?

    Wouldn't that always make week 1 a 6 day week?
    --
    David Biddulph

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor

    hmm

    well the original requirement was that if the 1st was between a thursday and a sunday inclusive then that should be week four and the following week, week 1. If the first was between a monday and wednesay day then that would count as week one.

    This was how it was explained to me but im thinking this ma be to much effort

  6. #6
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: Whats the Week of the Month?

    You're right .... should be

    =INT((DAY(A1)-1)/7)+1

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Whats the Week of the Month?

    =INT((M1-(DATE(YEAR(M1),MONTH(M1),1)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(M1),MONTH(M1),1),2)+1
    ))/7)+1