Remove Formuli

  1. #1
    BOONER
    Guest

    Remove Formuli

    Is there a way to remove all formulas from a workbook or sheet without copy
    and paste-values?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor Excelenator's Avatar
    Wantagh, NY
    Do you want to delete the formulas and their values (i.e. clear the cells containing formulas)?

    If so you can use F5\Special\Formulas and then hit the delete key.
    ONLY APPLIES TO VBA RESPONSES WHERE APPROPRIATE
    To insert code into the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
    1. Copy the code.
    2. Open workbook to paste code into.
    3. Right click any worksheet tab, select View Code
    4. VBE (Visual Basic Editor) opens to that sheets object
    5. You may change to another sheets object or the This Workbook object by double clicking it in the Project window
    6. In the blank space below the word "General" paste the copied code.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Remove Formuli

    You can select all formulas using F5>Special>Formulas

    But you cannot delete/remove them without losing the results of those formulas
    unless you copy/paste values first or deal with them through VBA code.

    Sub test()
    For Each cell In Selection
    If cell.HasFormula Then
    cell.Value = cell.Value
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    What do you wish to do. Perhaps we could help.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP