Cagr=+(l13/f13)^(0.1666667)-1

  1. #1

    Question Cagr=+(l13/f13)^(0.1666667)-1

    Can anyone explain how the formula works and what the ^ means in this formula.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Cagr=+(l13/f13)^(0.1666667)-1

    It divides the contents of L13 by contents of F13 and raises the result to
    the power of 0.166667 [which equates to finding the 6th root of the division]
    and then subtracts 1.

    ^ means to the power of i.e 2^4 = 2*2*2*2

    HTH

  3. #3

    Good answer thanks

    Good answer thanks

  4. #4
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Cagr=+(l13/f13)^(0.1666667)-1

    I would expect the formula is calculating Compound Average Growth Rate. If so,
    L13 would be the earnings, F13 is the amount invested, and 0.1666667 is the term
    (ie, 1/6 of a year or two months).

    Fred

    "Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...