Cell A changes other Cells

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Cell A changes other Cells

    Hey People. Im looking for code that will allow me to enter a number (1,2,3 or 4) into any "A" cell and then cell C,D,E,G in that same row will have YES,NO,YES,YES.

    E.g. I enter 1 in any "A" cell and that then adds Yes into Cell "C" - No into Cell "D" Needs to be on the same row as the 1 entered in Cell "A" - (and so on).

    Then later I could have if you enter 2 in cell 2 it would chage the cell informtion. From YES,NO,YES,YES to NO,NO,YES,YES. Normal stuff like that.

    If anyone can help me ill name my first Child after you. Thanks for your time

  2. #2
    Kevin McCartney
    Guest

    RE: Cell A changes other Cells

    Hi joelbeveridge,

    not sure what you're trying to get at but here goes,
    Column
    Row A B C D E
    1 1 Y N N N
    2 2 Y Y N N
    3 3 Y Y Y N
    4 4 Y Y Y Y
    5 2 Y Y N N
    6 3 Y Y Y N

    If this is what you're getting at then perhaps I think you can use the
    following formulas.

    in cell B1 put =IF($A1>=1,"YES","NO")
    in cell C1 put =IF($A1>=2,"YES","NO")
    in cell D1 put =IF($A1>=3,"YES","NO")
    in cell E1 put =IF($A1>=4,"YES","NO")

    Drag the formulas down your data range, (click on the little bold black
    square that you see at the bottom right hand corner of the selected cell,
    assuming your 'Tools | Options, Edit Tab and "Allow drag and drop" is
    checked).

    You can then change the values between 1 and 4 for the cells in column A,
    you'll then see column B to E change from YES to NO.

    HTH
    KM

    P.S. Preferred naming of your first child, "Bambi" .... congratulations by
    the way