Pivot Table Data - Troubleshoot needed

  1. #1
    South East London

    Pivot Table Data - Troubleshoot needed

    I am trying to use the getpivotdata formula and am stubbling on some problems with the formula I am using.
    =GETPIVOTDATA("Count",Sheet4!$A$6,"Objective ","001","Objective
    Title","External Service Management","Sub OC","CMP")
    I am basically trying to get data (for a summary sheet) from a pivot table, however the pivot table does not display a heading which has no data. So if my formula was asking for the pivot table to gather data from a column titled Ext Service Management it comes back as a "REF" as the pivot table is not showing any for that particular title as there are none.

    Question is how can I get either:
    1. the pivot table to show the title even if no data is there
    2. how I can change the formula to return a nil value is there is no title and no data?
    Alison

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Data - Troubleshoot needed

    1. You can double-click on a field button, and add a check mark to 'Show
    items with no data'

    2. You can use an IF function with the GetPivotData function. For example:

    =IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("Units",$A$6,"Item",F9)),0,

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    South East London
    thanks, but still not sure how to complete the formula i.e yours is considerably different from mine and what does the F9 do?

  4. #4
    South East London

    pivot table problems

    Also, I do not want to test the error, I just want it to look for the item and if it is not in the pivot table, then just report it back as a "0".

    Is this possible?

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Data - Troubleshoot needed

    If the pivot table layout won't change, you could use the Match function
    to look for an item in a range. There are examples here:

    If the function returns a number, the item was found.

    But the GetPivotData function may be easiest to use, to test if the item
    is in the pivot table. Using your example:

    =IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("Count",$A$6,"Objective","001",
    "Objective Title","External Service Management","Sub OC","CMP"))
    0, GETPIVOTDATA("Count",$A$6,"Objective ","001",