How can I chart "by week"

  1. #1
    k. moran
    Guest

    How can I chart "by week"

    Hi All,

    I need to produce a line chart across three months, but show the data points
    by week.

    my data points each have a date attribute (ie 5/21/2006). I don't know a
    smart way to do this other than making a new table (week 1, week 2, etc) and
    lumping the data that way.

    Thanks as Always! Kurt

  2. #2
    Larissa
    Guest

    RE: How can I chart "by week"

    "k. moran" wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need to produce a line chart across three months, but show the data points
    > by week.
    >
    > my data points each have a date attribute (ie 5/21/2006). I don't know a
    > smart way to do this other than making a new table (week 1, week 2, etc) and
    > lumping the data that way.
    >
    > Thanks as Always! Kurt

    Kurt,
    This blood sugar chart looks like what you would like to do (my assumption)
    - it is an Excel template, you can download it and replace the data with your
    own.

    Enjoy!
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT010482871033

  3. #3
    Jamaica
    Quote Originally Posted by k. moran
    Hi All,

    I need to produce a line chart across three months, but show the data points
    by week.

    my data points each have a date attribute (ie 5/21/2006). I don't know a
    smart way to do this other than making a new table (week 1, week 2, etc) and
    lumping the data that way.

    Thanks as Always! Kurt
    You can use the WEEKNUM function to convert the date to a calender week. You would just add a column and using that as x-axis.

    /Møller

  5. #5
    Jamaica
    Quote Originally Posted by k. moran
    Hi All,

    I need to produce a line chart across three months, but show the data points
    by week.

    my data points each have a date attribute (ie 5/21/2006). I don't know a
    smart way to do this other than making a new table (week 1, week 2, etc) and
    lumping the data that way.

    Thanks as Always! Kurt
    You can use the WEEKNUM function to convert the date to a calender week. You would just add a column and use that as x-axis.

    /Møller
    Last edited by c991257; 08-04-2006 at 05:59 PM.