How do I set up a circle within a circle chart?

  1. #1
    Ken
    Guest

    How do I set up a circle within a circle chart?

    I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents the total
    amount of something. That is, it represents 100%. I'd like to then have one
    or more circles inside it to represent subset(s) of the large circle. For
    example, the large circle might be all people in a zip code. The small circle
    could be female residents, or left-handed people. It would be neat to be able
    to have more than one subset circle, but I'd settle for one for now.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert oldchippy's Avatar
    Worcester, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 (Home)
    Posts
    7,097

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents the total
    amount of something. That is, it represents 100%. I'd like to then have one
    or more circles inside it to represent subset(s) of the large circle. For
    example, the large circle might be all people in a zip code. The small circle
    could be female residents, or left-handed people. It would be neat to be able
    to have more than one subset circle, but I'd settle for one for now.
    Hi Ken,

    Try something like this

    Format data series | options | overlap

    oldchippy

  3. #3
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up a circle within a circle chart?

    Ken, I guess that a doughnut chart can give u what y'r looking for. You may
    like to check out Andy Pope's website
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/pies.htm for inspiration and instructions how
    to do it.
    HTH,
    Henk

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a circle within a circle chart?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > I would like to create a chart in which one large circle represents the total
    > amount of something. That is, it represents 100%. I'd like to then have one
    > or more circles inside it to represent subset(s) of the large circle. For
    > example, the large circle might be all people in a zip code. The small circle
    > could be female residents, or left-handed people. It would be neat to be able
    > to have more than one subset circle, but I'd settle for one for now.

    Create a bubble chart with multiple series, where each series consists of
    only 1 data point. Position them (x and y values) and assign them bubble
    sizes as desired.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions