Adding numbers from specific cells in a number of sheets

  1. #1
    Jamaica

    Adding numbers from specific cells in a number of sheets

    Hi.

    I have a summary sheet that in cell c1 should add up the value of cell c1 in ten different sheets and do the same in two hundred other cells.

    The other sheets are copies the summary sheet however they contain the actual data.

    I could do it manually by summing each one, but if I delete or add a sheet I can start over.

    What would be the easiest way to do this?

    /Mølller

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Adding numbers from specific cells in a number of sheets

    I'd suggest adding two new worksheets to your workbook. Name the first one
    "Begin" and the second one "End". Move the "Begin" sheet before all of your
    data sheets. Move the "End" sheet after all of your data sheets, but before
    your summary sheet. Leave these new sheets completely blank, then hide them.

    Then, on the Summary sheet use the formula:

    =SUM(Begin:End!C1)

    This adds all the C1 cells from the sheets between Begin and End. Then,
    whenever you add a new sheet, just make sure it is between Begin and End,
    then the Summary formulas will include it without having to be updated.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Jamaica