Replace in a currency column

  1. #1
    AMH
    Guest

    Replace in a currency column

    ALL commas and replace them with periods.

    Anyone know how to do that ?
    --
    AMH

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Replace in a currency column

    If the value in the cell is a number formatted as currency, either change
    Windows regional settings (under Control Panel), or go to

    Tools>Options>International

    uncheck the option to use System separators and change the comma to a period

    If the value in the cell is a text representation of a currency amount,
    select all the currency amounts then press Ctrl-H, enter a comma in the
    search box and a period in the replace box.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,791

    Lightbulb

    your question is not clear.
    however I try the following if I could understand properly what your requirement is.

    press Ctrl+H
    Find what: enter here any value you want to replace (say ,)
    Replace with: enter here value you want to replace with.
    press Replace All
    Quote Originally Posted by AMH