Write an Excel Formula Question

  1. #1
    Kathleen_klr
    Guest

    Write an Excel Formula Question

    What would the formula be to roundup a dollar amount to the nearest $10

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Write an Excel Formula Question

    Try this:

    =ROUNDUP(A1,-1)

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    mround is your friend

    whereby 10 is the multiple you want (you can change this)

    eg

    =MROUND(F17,10)

    eg

    if F17 = 13 value = 10

  4. #4
    Kathleen_klr
    Guest

    Re: Write an Excel Formula Question

    Mr. Ben,
    Thank you for your reply. However, I used this number $633.33, when I use
    your formula I get #NAME? I arrived at the $633.33 by the formula =7600/12.
    But I need the dollar amount to round up to the nearest $10 each time I put
    in the latter formula. Can you help?

  5. #5
    Kathleen_klr
    Guest

    RE: Write an Excel Formula Question

    PERFECT! THANKS!
    Kathleen

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen_klr
    Mr. Ben,
    Thank you for your reply. However, I used this number $633.33, when I use
    your formula I get #NAME? I arrived at the $633.33 by the formula =7600/12.
    But I need the dollar amount to round up to the nearest $10 each time I put
    in the latter formula. Can you help?

    it works for me fine with decimals

    you need to make sure you have all you addins ticked (under the tools menu)