Excel Cell Length

  1. #1

    Excel Cell Length

    i have data (number) to be imported from a database to Excel worksheet the long of this number is up to 20 digits. when exporting it, the last digits (after fifteen digits) become zeroes. For example, 82000032656565612345 becomes 82000032656565600000.

    Kindly confirm if there is any settings to modify the Excel cell to accept like this number!!!

    Your help is highly appreciated..

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Excel Cell Length

    When importing, rename the file to a .txt file
    Then Excel will prompt you for the type of field.
    Choose Text for this one: Excel's precision for numbers is limited to 15 significant digits.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Sorry

    Sorry, but when exporting from the database to excel file, is it the same??

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Excel Cell Length

    I would think that once it is text, it will be exported as text.
    I suggest you try and let us know the result