close workbooks without closing excel ?

  1. #1
    Clute
    Guest

    close workbooks without closing excel ?

    I save my excel in "my documents" and have several workbooks open at one
    time. If i close one excel workbook ....all close and excel closes. If I do
    not save every workbook before closing I lose data. How do I set up file just
    to close the workbook one at a time ? (Microsoft office excel 2003)

  2. #2

    Re: close workbooks without closing excel ?

    Don't use that X on the application's title bar.

    Use the X in the worksheet window's title bar.

    Yep, excel behaves differently than MSWord.

    Or use File|Close
    or ctrl-w (to close the window/workbook)

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    close workbooks without closing excel ?

    It seems to me that you are not closing a workbook, but exiting Excel.
    If this is not the case tou might have an Auto_Close macro that does this.
    Best regards,

    Ray