Rounding up to a set of specific numbers?

  1. #1
    Melbourne
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Rounding up to a set of specific numbers?

    Does anyone know how I can round a number up to a specific set of numbers.

    I need to round a number to the nearest of the following numbers:
    etc

    The numbers above are in a range B3:AC3.

    Eg 1: 260 becomes 350
    Eg 2: 700 becomes 750

    Any ideas?

    Bradles

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up to a set of specific numbers?

    Hi

    Try something like this, with your value in A2
    =HLOOKUP(A2+90,B3:AC3,1,TRUE)

    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

    "bradles" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Melbourne
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003
    Hi

    Try something like this, with your value in A2
    =HLOOKUP(A2+90,B3:AC3,1,TRUE)

    Hope this helps.
    Andy.
    That almost had it Andy. Only problem is: what if the number is 250.1. I need that to be rounded up to 350 because it is greater than 250.

    Your formular in that case would be looking up 250.1+90 = 349.1. So it would still drop down to 250.

    Any more ideas?

    Brad

  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up to a set of specific numbers?

    Hi

    Change the A2+90 to A2+99.9999 or similar.
    Sorry, I didn't realise you'd be using decimals.

  5. #5
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up to a set of specific numbers?

    With 1250,1150...250 in A1:A11 (sorted descending) and your number in B1:

    =INDEX(A1:A11,MATCH(B1,A1:A11,-1))

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

  6. #6
    Melbourne
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003
    Change the A2+90 to A2+99.9999 or similar.
    Sorry, I didn't realise you'd be using decimals.

    Andy.
    Thanks Andy,

    I think that's done it. Much appreciated.

    Brad.

  7. #7
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up to a set of specific numbers?

    Possibly too late now but does:

    =CEILING(A1-50,100)+50

    do what you want?

    Sandy