How Do I increase a date by 90 days?

  1. #1
    Rockcop222
    Guest

    How Do I increase a date by 90 days?

    Hello...

    I have to keep track of DVD's out of Police patrol cars...state law says we
    have to keep the data for 90 days. I want to be able to input a date into a
    cell, and then have it automatically add 90 days to that date and put the new
    date in the next cell over to the right. This new date will tell me when the
    DVD can be erased.

    Can this be done?

    John

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Hi,

    Try

    A1 = your Date
    B1 = Your date + 90

    =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+3, DAY(A1))

    http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...14#post1679714

    VBA Noob

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How Do I increase a date by 90 days?

    A1 has the inputted date.

    B1 has this formula =A1 + 90

    Format both to Date.

    To fancy it up a bit you could have B1 turn red when the 90 days was up.

    Select B1 and Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is:

    =B1>(A1 + 89)

    On day 90 B1 will turn red to alert you.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How Do I increase a date by 90 days?

    Hi!

    If I give you the answer will I get a "break" on my next speeding ticket?

    Just add 90 to the date.....

    A1 = 8/8/2006
    B1 = =A1+90

    You can get "fancy" and use conditional formatting to highlight cells when
    their expiration date arrives. That will make it easier to see which DVD's
    need to be erased.

    For example, using the above, B1 would return 11/6/2006. You can set cell B1
    to change color on 11/6/2206 thus getting your attention.

    To do that:

    Select cell B1
    Goto the menu Format>Conditional Formatting
    Select Formula Is
    Enter this formula in the little box to the right:

    =AND(ISNUMBER(B1),TODAY()>=B1)

    Click the Format button
    Select a different font color or a different cell fill color (or both!)
    OK out

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...