In Excel, conditional format (font red) referencing another cell?

  1. #1
    Christine Hemphill
    Guest

    In Excel, conditional format (font red) referencing another cell?

    I want to do a conditional format to make cell A1 have red font if cell B1 is
    equal to a certain value (text). Can I do a conditional format on a cell
    referencing another cell?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Christine,

    Yes. In A1 go to Conditional Formatting. Change the Cell Value is option to Formula is. Enter

    =B1="Your Text"

    Click Format, Font select the color you want. Click OK, OK.

    HTH

    Steve

  3. #3
    Christine Hemphill
    Guest

    RE: In Excel, conditional format (font red) referencing another cell?

    Never mind. Thank you Dave Peterson. Your response to an earlier posting is
    exactly what I needed.

  4. #4
    Christine Hemphill
    Guest

    Re: In Excel, conditional format (font red) referencing another ce

    Thank you!!! I just found that answer on another posting. Thank you so much
    for your speedy help!!!