How do I sort values only, and leave formats?

  1. #1
    havocdragon
    Guest

    How do I sort values only, and leave formats?

    Hey All, I have ranges I need to sort constantly and I have programmed them
    all with macros, however, I have alot of formating that falls apart when I
    sort...is there a way similar to pasting special w/values, to sort values
    only?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: How do I sort values only, and leave formats?

    copy it to another worksheet
    sort the copy
    copy back with pastespecial values.

    Tom ogilvy

  3. #3
    havocdragon
    Guest

    RE: How do I sort values only, and leave formats?

    Yeah thats the same idea I came up with =). Thought there might be a better
    way.

    Is there a way to run this macro without forcing the user to sit through the
    light show? For example, they just see the data sort, without watching the
    excel workbook bouncing back and forth through different sheets, or different
    ranges?

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Try Application.ScreenUpdating = False????
    put it somewhere in the beginning of your code...

  5. #5
    havocdragon
    Guest

    Re: How do I sort values only, and leave formats?

    Awesome that works

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How do I sort values only, and leave formats?

    A more effective alternative would be to write your code so it doesn't
    select and activate.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...