Transposing Cells

  1. #1

    Transposing Cells

    I got Two workbooks I'm working with. One is Destination and the other will be the Source Workbook.

    In the Source Workbook, this is what I have:

    .... A .. B
    1: Ran 30
    2: Ran 20
    3: Ran 10

    I want to link this source workbook to my Destination Workbook so that it would display this:

    ..... A . B . C.. D
    1: RAN 30 20 10

    Anyone knows the function for this? I'm not sure if it's transpose(), Index(), column().... I don't know. I tried it all and I it won't run the way i want it. Please Help...

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Transposing Cells

    The logic of:
    A1 - B1 - B2 - B3
    escapes me.

    Would you care to explain it to a "not overly bright old man" like me?

    RD

    "dj_money" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    well

    Ok.. That's what I wanted. A1 - B1 - B2 - B3.

    That tells me that the cells in Column A is just "Ran" but how many minutes did he ran within the attempts in B1 to B2 to B3.

    So it would be "Ran - 30 - 20 - 10" Now I'm not sure if that's transposing or what not. But i have a feeling that it has to be involve with Index() or match() or vlookup(). I'm not sure how to put these functions together.

  4. #4
    paul
    Guest

    Re: Transposing Cells

    in your destination work book you have RAN in a1 and across b1 c1 d1 you
    enter the formula =transpose(source!B1:b3) and when you are ready hold contrl
    and shift down then press enter
    --
    paul
    [email protected]