If Then Calculate

  1. #1
    Gladys
    Guest

    If Then Calculate

    How would I write a formula that states if account number = 94411 add current
    cost amount from Column "a" into a total instead of me manually selecting
    which cells to add.

    (A) (B) (C)
    Current Projected Account
    Cost Cost Number

    $2,180.00 $2,180.00 94411
    $10,414.98 $10,414.98 94411
    $1,955.20 $2,045.00 94621
    $918.23 $1,038.00 93703
    $275.00 $275.00 94411
    $200.00 $210.00 94411
    $1,635.00 $1,635.00 93703
    $135.00 $0.00 94411
    $1,440.00 $1,440.00 94411

    Thanks for all your help.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Assuming $2180.00 is in cell A1

    to calculate the total of account #94411 use:
    =SUMIF(C1:C9,94411,B1:B9)

    You can automate the formula for every account by replacing the text 94411 with the cell that contains that account number.

  3. #3
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: If Then Calculate

    Gladys wrote:
    > How would I write a formula that states if account number = 94411 add
    > current cost amount from Column "a" into a total instead of me
    > manually selecting which cells to add.
    >
    > (A) (B) (C)
    > Current Projected Account
    > Cost Cost Number
    >
    > $2,180.00 $2,180.00 94411
    > $10,414.98 $10,414.98 94411
    > $1,955.20 $2,045.00 94621
    > $918.23 $1,038.00 93703
    > $275.00 $275.00 94411
    > $200.00 $210.00 94411
    > $1,635.00 $1,635.00 93703
    > $135.00 $0.00 94411
    > $1,440.00 $1,440.00 94411
    >
    > Thanks for all your help.

    I think you can use SUMIF function. Check the online help.

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  4. #4
    Gladys
    Guest

    RE: If Then Calculate

    Forget the question - I had a brain fart - SUMIF -

  5. #5
    SIR Knight
    Guest

    Re: If Then Calculate

    Gladys,

    There is a formula called SUMIF you can use it as follows:

    =SUMIF($C3:$C100,"94411",$A3:$A100)

    I have assumed that your first row of data is in row 3

    This works by telling excel the area where your reference is, your
    reference, and the area to total where there are matches

    HTH

    Steve