Autofill/Autocomplete Prediction PullDown Lists

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Autofill/Autocomplete Prediction PullDown Lists

    Hi all,

    Not sure if this is a question for here or programming....

    Anyone know how in a pull down list when you type the first letter (e.g S) it will jump to the the first entry in the list with S and then if you type E, it would jump to the first entry starting with SE?????

    Thanks a bundle,

    Chris

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Autofill/Autocomplete Prediction PullDown Lists

    If your drop-down list if from Data Validation, you cannot have Autocomplete.

    Try a combo-box drop-down list.

    Debra Dalgleish has instructions.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Thanks for the help Gord.

    i finally got round to trying this one out and it works great. The only thing is i'd like to limit the amount of mouse use by the user and hopefully make things a little quicker.

    Could you help me change the code where say pressing the shift key activates the procedure?

    As always thanks to all you helpful people...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Sorry to bring this back up to the top but i think it's better than creating a new post.

    Does anyone have an idea to replace the doubleclick with something like pressing the shift key twice or "shift+\". I'm not that good with VBA but i figured this would make an already good piece of script be even more user friendly....i hope.

    Regards,

    Chris