Worksheet protection issues - HELP!

  1. #1

    Worksheet protection issues - HELP!

    Hi,

    I am creating an excel file progrmatically . This excel file wuold get updated by a different team. After which it is again read and added in the database.

    The team which updates the excel should not modify certain columns and so protection and locking was used. The team however needs to run a spell check on the coulmns that are not locked. With protection, spell checking is disabled. During excel file creation spell checking cannot be run.

    I need to turn on spell checking option for a protected sheet? Any ideas?

    KPC

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet protection issues - HELP!

    You cannot turn it on for a protected sheet.

    You can use this macro to unprotect, run the spellcheck, then re-protect the
    sheet.

    Sub Spell_Check()
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
    Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:12:32 -0400, kpriyac
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am creating an excel file progrmatically . This excel file wuold get
    >updated by a different team. After which it is again read and added in
    >the database.
    >
    >The team which updates the excel should not modify certain columns and
    >so protection and locking was used. The team however needs to run a
    >spell check on the coulmns that are not locked. With protection, spell
    >checking is disabled. During excel file creation spell checking cannot
    >be run.
    >
    >I need to turn on spell checking option for a protected sheet? Any
    >ideas?
    >
    >KPC

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    ok.

    I am creating this excel file programatically. How would a user to able to invoke this macro. at what event should I call this macro. Can I do all this progrmatically?