Countif Help

  1. #1

    Countif Help

    Hi,

    I'm trying to count the number of time a specific value appers with in a range of cells, but I want to place the results in a seperate workbook. How do I do this.

    Thanks in advace for any help

    Calli

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Countif Help

    =SUMPRODUCT(--('C:\myDocs\[myBook.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1:$A$20="a"))

    Bob Phillips

    "calli" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sarah_Lecturer
    Guest

    RE: Countif Help

    Click where you want the answer to go
    =countif(range,"value")
    Enter

    (hilight the range on the other worksheet using the mouse once you have
    entered =countif(