vlookup, IF, and ISNA

  1. #1

    vlookup, IF, and ISNA

    Need help with maybe simple formula.

    I want to retrieve data based on a reporting date. I have two ranges (actual and projected).

    If retrieval date is equal to or less than reporting date, vlookup retrieve data from actual range. If no data, return zero.

    If retrieval date is greater than reporting date, vlookup retrieve data from projected range. If no data, return zero.

    =IF(E18<=$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,ACTUAL,2,FALSE),IF(E18>$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,PROJECTED,2,FALSE)))

    E18 equals retrieval date, and B5 equals reporting date.

    Newbie here, thanks in advance for your help.
    MMBOLI

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: vlookup, IF, and ISNA

    MMBOLI wrote:
    > Need help with maybe simple formula.
    >
    > I want to retrieve data based on a reporting date. I have two ranges
    > (actual and projected).
    >
    > If retrieval date is equal to or less than reporting date, vlookup
    > retrieve data from actual range. If no data, return zero.
    >
    > If retrieval date is greater than reporting date, vlookup retrieve
    > data from projected range. If no data, return zero.
    >

    > =IF(E18<=$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,ACTUAL,2,FALSE),IF(E18>$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,PROJECTED,2,FALSE)))
    >

    > E18 equals retrieval date, and B5 equals reporting date.
    >
    > Newbie here, thanks in advance for your help.
    > MMBOLI

    Try with this:

    =IF(ISNA(IF(E18<=$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,ACTUAL,2,FALSE),VLOOKUP(E18,PROJECTED,2,FALSE))),"",IF(E18<=$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,ACTUAL,2,FALSE),VLOOKUP(E18,PROJECTED,2,FALSE)))

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao