Hide Underlying Cell Formulas

  1. #1

    Hide Underlying Cell Formulas

    Hi All

    I have a workbook which I share with my customer. I want to hide all underlying cell formulas in the workbook. Is there any way, macro etc. that I can hide and unhide all the formulas as per my convenience. I do not want to use copy > paste special > values. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Regards
    Robben

  2. #2
    Neil
    Guest

    RE: Hide Underlying Cell Formulas

    Robben,

    You don't actually need to hide the formula editing window, choose
    Format/Cells/Protection and check the "Hidden"
    checkbox, then when you protect the sheet, formulas will be hidden.

    Note, though you will need to enter a password for editing (Not necessary
    for viewing) but it's not that secure, it doesn't take long to find a program
    or macro on the internet to crack the password.

    If you want something more secure then you will need to have a combination
    of VBA and protected cells, but as with ALL copy protection it's not 100% and
    if someone is determined enough they will still get in.

    HTH

    Neil
    www.nwarwick.co.uk