Formatting Via a Macro

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Formatting Via a Macro

    Is it possible to format sheets (visualize an inventory sheet with white row - grey row - white row - grey row) via macros?

    I currently have the sheets set up so that people can just type in what they need. However, often people will cut/copy/paste/drag/fill down, etc and it messes up the formatting I have on the sheet.

    Is there a way to set the colors & borders via a macro?

  2. #2
    Die_Another_Day
    Guest

    Re: Formatting Via a Macro

    You can do that with macro's however I would recommend conditional
    formatting.
    Select all cells
    Go To:
    Format Menu...
    Conditional Formating...
    Click "Cell Value Is" and Change to "Formula Is"
    Type this for the formula:
    =MOD(ROW(),2) = 0
    Click "Format..."
    Click the "Patterns" Tab
    Select new background tab
    Click ok twice

    Charles

  3. #3
    excelent
    Guest

    RE: Formatting Via a Macro

    In cond.format / formula is
    =MOD(ROW();2)=1
    pick ur color

    copy format to all wanted cells

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Formatting Via a Macro

    Use conditional formatting with a formula of

    =MOD(ROW(),2)=0

    then it adjusts automatically.

    Bob Phillips

    "wilro85" <[email protected]> wrote in